Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seeking IEM recommendations

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by коннор, Oct 20, 2011.

1. My dad has asked me if I want anything for my birthday. What leaps to mind is a pair of in ear monitors, as I don't have any and there have been times when I wished I did. I figure that going up to about the $100 mark isn't too unfair and may even be a bit optimistic for getting a good pair. I'm also not really bothered if he decides its too much for him*; I'd prefer that to getting something I'm not happy with and ending up buying something else myself.

I'm mostly going to be using them with my phone, but I don't need a mike (especially not when riding) so TRS is completely fine.

According to one forum-post review, the N9 does fine with Sennheiser HD595's (50Ω) and is even passable with HD800's (300Ω), so impedance definitely shouldn't be an issue at all.

Sound wise, I want something fairly neutral -- that is, plays the sound as it is, without adding extra bass or treble or anything. Overall good quality should go without saying ;). I'm not experienced enough to be more specific.

*Its his own fault for not paying enough attention/giving it enough thought, and I think I get to simply point at all his shiny Apple toys :p.