Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seeking EOI

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by vic, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Monash University Accident Research Centre will be running the second phase of a Motorcycle Hazard Perception Study, and we are looking for experienced motorcyclists to participate. The study will involve sitting on a motorcycle in the driving simulator and watching a series of everyday riding scenarios and clicking a button each time you perceive something to be hazardous, then answering a few questions about these hazards. Each session will last no more than 2 hours and you will be paid for your participation.

To be eligible you must:

* have held a motorcycle licence for at least 5 years (not including
    learner permit)
    * have ridden a total 20,000 km in the past 5 years
    * have held a car licence for at least 5 years (not including
    learner permit)
    * have driver a total of at least 50,000 km in the last 5 years
    * not suffer from severe motion sickness or epilepsy

Participants will be paid $20 for their time.

If you are interested in participating, please contact me for more information at: megan.bayly@muarc.monash.edu.au

2. Interesting that for a "motorcycle" hazard perception trial you need to have done 2.5 times the number of minimum k's in a car(20K for a bike, 50K for a car). I do five times the k's on a bike that I do in the car. So to be eligible with the same ratio I would need to do 250,000km on the bike in 5 years.

I imagine this will limit the test to a specific band of riders who meet the criteria. Hope this is what they are targeting it at and aren't going to use this data as broadly representative.
  3. Wasn't this posted a couple of weeks ago? I have already sent my email to Megan to let her know my interest.

4. Yep, I'm in the mood for breaking the T&C's :p