Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

See if bike is LAMS from VIN?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by joep1989, Apr 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hey Guys,

found a bike im interested in has RWC, have asked the seller a few questions but he keeps dodging the LAMS question. So im guessing its not.
    Did a bikefacts check not much info there no finance etc tho.

the vin is - KM4MP5900A1500644
    the only issue is they make both LAMS and Non lams version of the Hyosung GT650EFI (2010)
    I only just got my RE license but know i should get a cheap bike first cause im sure ill have some near misses or drop it.

2. Welcome to netrider
    What state? Most road authority's let you search for the rego details via plate or VIN.

Do you honestly want a 650 or Hyosung for that mater for a first bike?
    For the same money a 250 may prove more reliable and forgiving.

3. Only spending a couple of k, im 6,3 and 95kgs and need to use the bike for some highway driving thats why i want the 650.

State is QLD

4.  Top
  5. yeh i think the guy is being a little dodgy with everything. I guess if its too good to be true it is. Ill look elsewhere thanks guys

6. joe, go for the Gladius or ER6 mate - you'll be glad you did.

7. A ninja 300 with a few km would only cost a few grand. Got mine for $3k with 42k. I am not as tall as you, but weigh as much. Did 160km on the highway yesterday, overtook cars etc and avg 22km to the litre. Took just 7L to fill the tank. I use 98 only so not sure if it helps the economy. If I had not had a few moments of 10,000rpm in every gear (except 5 and 6) I would have gotten even better economy.

8. ended up getting a good deal on a cb500fa
    pick it up wednesday looking forward to riding it

• Like Like x 3