Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Securing a spare helmet on a 07-08 600rr

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by dan22, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Any one else having issues carrying a spare helmet on this type of bike? I want it to stay secured, cuz the strap thats provided with the bike leaves the helmet dangling...

2. I've always wondered how to, but never asked or tried....

3. There is a bit of wire that comes with the bike under the back seat. Unfortunately it's not long enough so the helmet can sit on the rear seat pad or cowl. Ends up falling to the side and scrathing the rear cowl.
    My fix. Take off your rear seat pad. Do up your helmet strap around it and put your rear seat pad back on.
    One; it sits on its base and wont scrath anything.
    And two. The buckle stays underneath the seat so it stays secure if you have to go into a shop or something like that.
    Hope this helps. Works for most modern sports bikes.

4. You could also make your own helmet holder wire. Its pretty easy just make it to a length that allows the helmet to sit on the rear seat and wrap the chin strap a couple of times around the grab strap!