Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Secret Shame Thread (spin off from Glove Algorithm)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Greydog, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Well, Robsalv mentioned he had a secret shame, and here's mine...

I sometimes forget whether to pull or push the gear lever to shift up/down. I have to have a real think about it.

I suppose many of us forget to put the helmet on BEFORE putting on the gloves/taking the key out of the pocket etc etc

What dumbarse thing do you regularly do?
  2. Get out of bed.
  3. I've had a few times when I've changed down a gear instead of up. Very embarrassing, and not at all a pleasant or recommended experience.
  4. i regularly read threads like this one. :p
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ...and I spend way too much time on NetRider! :)

Well..secret shame - used to be leaving the indicator on for a bit too long but that's been cured now.
  6. Yeah I spend a lot of time on about 8 different forums....

Donlt ya use the ndicator any more? That'll fix it.
  7. Like others I am a serial indicator checker. I also randomly check that the fuel tap is in the ON position not the RES position.
  8. I think I am tron
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I press the horn instead of indicating
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Try to take helmet off with sunglasses still on
    • Like Like x 1
  11. +1 to that :( hate to admit it
  12. I look at my reflection in shop windows to see the badass biker.
    • Like Like x 14
  13. ^

14. Start the bike out the front of a busy restaurant, gear up, give it a rev ready to ride off and then put it in gear before the sidestand is up so the kill switch kicks in and everyone thinks you've stalled it ](*,) Never done it anywhere else but done it twice now in that situation lol
  15. lol +1 for me!
  16. Yep, do that occasionally.
  17. Trying to do a rapid take off (well as rapidly as a VTR250 is able to) and miss 2nd, get neutral instead.
  18. serial indicator checker

also have red hair

19. Clipping mirrors while I'm filtering
  20. Guilty of this.