Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Secret men's business

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Paula Bateson, Oct 29, 2014.

1. I am a very accommodating wife, in fact, I've got my husband into mischief many times regarding motorcycles.

I received a phone call the other day from a fellow that had sold my husband a set of exhaust pipes and when I asked him what he was phoning for he said "oh, he bought some 'stuff' from me", I instantly knew what he was referring to and he was amazed that I didn't have an issue with my husband's purchase.

You see, I was the one who encouraged him to buy the pipes, not to mention the bike, so I could inherit the Virago (LOL!). I am his little devil that sits on his shoulder.

Over the years I have met many a man who 'hides' his purchasing habits for his bike from his wife. Or worse still, sneak around the kitchen drying paint in the oven while the wife is at work.

I laugh.

What are your thoughts?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. We only have to 'hide' certain purchasing decisions, because some wives like to believe that our bikes are 'money pits'.

Guilty as charged, Your Honour.

BTW, Haven't done the clandestine oven thing yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. When you partner doesn't share your passion/interests, then you naturally gravitate to not spending (much) money on them so as not to have to explain it (and getting the rolling of eyes) and/or not having to justify the budget impact.

I guess, a bit like a bloke trying to understand why women love to shop and buy shoes. The question invariably becomes why and what for? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. "Why so many shoes" I ask. "You only have one pair of feet..."
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. #5 Paula Bateson, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    I'm the one that encourages the oven thing :p

Who buys shoes? My last 'shoe' purchase was my motorcycle boots :p
  6. Does your dinner smell funny sometimes?
  7. mine does , but its not from the paint
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Who uses the oven to cook in?:p
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I think we have a keeper here welcome Paula
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thank you
    Thank you!=D
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dunno about the oven (although a friend of mine paints bits and brings them in the lounge to dry in front of the heater...)

But I've heard rumours about claudestine usage of the dishwasher...

I don't have that issue as I'm single and I ride, but I have been known to swipe certain household cleaning products and spirit them to the garage.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. yeah im always nicking the Vaseline, if theres none then I go for the canola oil
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. You are a slippery character Greg. :)

Welcome Paula.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I was thinking more of good cleaning rags and Mr Sheen, but whatever floats your boat...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. well its only a canoe
    • Like Like x 1
  16. LMFAO!
  17. My GF loves encouraging to spend my cash, but I have expensive tastes and usually go overboard and by the "best" or close to it. I do get the "isn't that a bit excessive?" quite a bit, but generally she's the one who convinces me I should just treat myself and get something rad.

Of course, we aren't married, have shared bank accounts or even live together so the dynamic of our relationship is somewhat different to most other couples approaching their 4 year anniversary. however, it works for me and I feel very grateful to have such a rad chick who for the most part, puts up with my idiosyncrasies and likes me to do whatever makes me happy.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. wish I was happy
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I'm still trying to get my head around how the wife was let out of the kitchen.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1