Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Second Hand Rider Gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Ghost R1der, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Hi All!

i'm new to the forum, and going for my L's at the end of August.

used to ride trail bikes for a few years when i was smaller, and I look forward to getting involved on here. i've spent a bit of time reading some of the threads over the past week, but haven't had a lot of time to go right through as yet.

for my first post .... i was wondering if anybody could help me out with a question about .. riding gear.

i have an opportunity to get a hold of a second hand (but rather brand new, and genuine) joe rocket jacket .... it's a size 48, and while it feels good aroudn the neck, the waist and the arms ... it feels SLIGHTLY generous around the armpits. this might sound silly, but is this a bad thing? or should the jacket fit me snug all over in the event of coming off?

2. It's often hard to find a perfect fit when buying off the rack items.

Modern jackets like JR brand usually got armor in the elbows and shoulders, if it's fitting pretty snugly in most places especially the armored bits it should do ok.
  3. Hi Ghost R1der, nice nicname by the way :wink: If it fits you every where else wouldnt worry about it, better a bit big than a bit small. :)
    Oh and welcome to the forum :grin:
  4. Snug is ideal, but gear is gear.
    If it's a bargain, get it... you can always punt it off later.

If it fits well around the waist (isnt going to ride up if you participate in road luge) and fits well in the shoulders and elbows then i'd say go for it. On the other hand... if you don't look hawt weaing it then it just won't do!
  5. thanks guys. think i might go for it *thumbs up*