Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Second hand - cheap reliable models

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Mauro Vallieri, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Hello buddies,
    I'm new here and I come from Italy.
    I'm willing to buy a motorcycle but I need some tips and suggestions.

I would like to spend a max of $3000, which models do you recommend?
    My preference is for Nakeds.

2. Should be able to get a decent condition 07+ GS500 for around that or an older CB400, what capacity are you after?
    Also welcome to netrider!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I prefer something from 600cc , but not more than 1000.
  4. Take fairings off a gsxr600
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. In which case can't go wrong with either SV650, FZ6N or Hornet if you want something more toward the 1000cc end
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Or a GSX750F for a real bargain.
  7. my vote would be an suziki SV650. These are probably the best bikes in the 600cc category. Bulletproof and smooth, quick and damn easy to handle. Or if you are handy with electricks, the hyosung 600 is esentially the same (older version) bike, that is probably the cheapest
  8. $3,000 isn't a lot of money for a bike of between 600cc and 1000cc in reliable condition that isn't too cosmetically challenged. Adding in the fact that you want a naked bike further restricts your choice.

A Hyosung 650 naked can be bought in decent condition for between $3000 and $4000.

Something like this one (which seems in good condition and has under 30,000 kms and is advertised @ $3400) may be able to be negotiated down to your $3000 limit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Its a bloody nice bike to ride for the price and a nice solid engine.
    Reliability wise its still has carbs and isn't as temperamental as the newer FI bikes.