Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Second-Hand Bike Rego: ACT to VIC

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by eliminatrix, Apr 10, 2011.

  1. Hi There!

    This is my first post, so go easy on me :angel:
    This forum was suggested by a close friend of mine who frequents the SV forums; he rides a Suzuki SV650.

    I currently ride a Sachs Dash 150cc Scooter and recently I've been looking at upgrading to an actual motorbike.
    I found one for sale, really cheap...a Honda VT250F for approx $900 in almost perfect condition.

    The VT250F (ACT) has rego until December 2011, my scooter (VIC) has rego until September 2011.

    My questions are these:

    1) What is the process for transferring and / or converting the rego from the VT250F into my name for Victoria?
    2) Which would be cheaper – transferring the rego from my scooter to the VT250F? Or transferring the rego from the VT250F to a VIC based rego?

    This is my first second-hand motorbike purchase; as such – I'm really not that clear on registration rules / laws, especially for interstate.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

  2. vicroads website..