Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seat to Peg

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Spotman, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Hi,
    Anyone know of a web-site that gives seat to peg measurements for bikes?
    Back story:
    Am soon looking to upgrade from my GS500 and due to my particular physical frame am looking to find something less cramped and the seat-peg distance is the thing that effects me the most. I am 5'11'' and have no seat height issues.
    I have also looked at many on Cycle-ergo.com but they focus on seat height and knee angle.
    Yes I have sat on a few bikes and will sit on many more, however as I'd be looking 2nd hand sometimes an older model will have better specs in this regard.
    For example I sat on a bunch last week and the best ergonomically for me was a Suzuki 1250 Bandit. (as an aside I found the bars very narrow)
    Will be looking for a >600 naked or sports for mostly commuting with some weekend 1-3 hr weekend rides.

Thanks
    Spotman

2. #2 cjvfr, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  3. No, but isn't knee angle going to be a pretty good guide ?

4. Yeah it's not a bad guide, just wondered if anyone had seen a seat to peg spec.
    Thanks McSenna