Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seat Replacement or modification

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by JustCruisin, Oct 10, 2015.

1. I bought a used Suzuki SFV650 & the seat is s**thouse. I was wondering if anyone knows of any reasonably priced aftermarket seats I can replace it with or know any upholsterers that can change out the foam on the stock seat for something comfy for hopefully not too expensive. I could go with the Airhawk option but if I can help it, I'd like to not increase the seat height as I like to touch cement with my foot whenever I'm at a red light. Any suggestions, please let me know. My postcode is 2116 for a place recommendation reference.

2. Airhawk doesn't increase height much.
  3. However I'm at a height where you didn't know that s**t could get stacked that high if you catch my drift...
  4. A motor trimmer has the necessary skills to do this type of work, shave the current seat and perhaps replace the top layer with a different grade of foam to improve the comfort. Alternatively a lambswool seat cover is a traditional way of improving ride comfort.