Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seat Repadding - Brisbane

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by pigsy, Mar 31, 2011.

1. I have a 2006 VSTAR 650 - both my wife and I have well proportioned arses and I would like to improve the padding on the both seats and if possible widen the pillion seat. Prefer a custom made seat then a mass produced imported one.

Does anyone know a good motor trimmer in the Wide Bay or Brisbane area. twowheeltrimming seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth; website down, phone number disconnected.

2. John Moorhouse, Ergo Seats at Capalaba. Not cheap but good enough that you quickly forget what you paid. I've just done five days straight on mine with no ill-effects after eight-hour days. This is my second Ergo seat, so I'm a fan.

ph. 3245 3979.

Oh, and welcome. How about introducing yourselves?
  3. what, like this https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=120651??
  4. Yeah, just like that. Which was post number two. Pigsy is very welcome. You, on the other hand...
  5. i'm not welcome?
    fairy nuff i didn't notice the 2 1/2 hour time difference. put your blouse back on

the whole intro thing is rubbish anyway
  6. I think Phil at The Hi-side is doing seats now as well.
  7. I can vouch for John and his work. He modded my M50's seat before i attemped Tassie, and the result was good.

It only cost me $180 because he was able to reuse my original seat cover.
    Alot cheaper than a Corbin, and a quarter the waiting time.

It takes about 1000km to break in the new foam. But he guarantees his foams and offers to modify them later on if they aren't quite right the first time.
  8. Ditto on Moorehouse,great value and top comfort
  9. Good point about using an existing cover; it brings the cost of John's seats down a lot. I had him use the original covers on both of my upgrades, but some of his custom covers look very cool.

And the 1000-500km break-in is weird. It sounds silly but the improvement is noticeable, the seat having felt too hard at first.