Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seat Polishing - Zanolin?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Manny, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Hey hey..
    I am just about to try and make the old seat look a bit shiney... I have this stuff that I got with my shoes called "Zanolin" "leather conditioner for shoes, gloves blah blah blah"

Is it alright if i rub some of that into the vynil, or will it turn out retardedly bad?
  2. Ok I just tested it.. doesnt do much for shine...

SOoooooo.. Can I use black shoe polish on the seat, or is that ridiculously ridiculous?
  3. Its okay so long as you don't lose traction of your butt on the seat. I've heard of folks who have applied Armourall (?) to make it look slick and shiney but a little bit slippery. :shock: :LOL:
  4. hehehe I use that stuff in the car - it makes everything heaps oily and gritty for a few days. hate it!

I just put some "Mothers Back to Black" on some rubber at the back. It is the greatest smelling chemical in the world. Seriously, I want to drink it. It smells better than anything I've ever smelled, ever. OMFG they need to can this stuff right now.
    I bet "Slurm" from Futurama tastes like this. ahhhhhhhh
  5. hehehe, I hope that rubber at the back isn't the part of the tyre the touches the tarmacadam, man.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. hehe nah, its in between the brake light and the blinkers - a little cm wide strip..

I decided for wiring the indicators back in.... even tho it's probably not allowed, it looks 10x better

My GPX now has a pretty behind.
    Now she needs a heart (engine)
  7. Good to hear. :)