Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Seat lock mech on my SZR

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Lurch, Aug 13, 2005.

1. As most know by now, i recently got my new stead, a SZR660.
    Now, one of the few things i missed when i inspected it, was that the seat lock, doesnt work. You just put the key in, turn, and nothing happens.
    With the help of a rather large screwdriver, i managed to get the seat off, to have a look at the mech underneath. It would 'seem' to me that there is a bit missing. The linkage between the lock and the actual moving bar that has the hooks on it.
    What im after is, if anyone has or knows someone how has an SZR660, to take a quick photo of the underside of the seat and post it for me. I know its a bit of an ask, but once i know what i SHOULD be looking at, i can go from there?
    btw, i already checked both the owners manual, and the service manual, to ne avail :(

Any help would be greatfully appreciated :)
  2. gday mate, i would send a PM but im not allowed to yet :p . anyway, it looks like i just bought your old bike from doony, and i was just wondering if you ever found a proper way to fix it, cos it really would be convenient to have a little room. anyways, if you read this all good, if not dont worry. btw, awesome bike :)