Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

seagull lol

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Netterhead1, Sep 26, 2010.

1. #1 Netterhead1, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

when i was on my Ps i hit a kookaburra, bloody thing broke my mirror but i guess lucky it didnt hit me lol.

2. Ive hit a magpie in a group of them that all took off as i came along, unfortunately in the same direction i was going, so i couldnt avoid them, but also fortunately at the same time... as the speed differential was only about 15kph, no biggie.

Several years ago my uncle hit a galah at *coughs*200kph, straight into his helmet. It was a draw, both galah and helmet died. Uncle had very sore neck for a while, and a few cuts on his face from broken pieces of visor, and lots of bird guts all over his face.
  3. did he come off?
  4. I have hit a kookaburra at 100, but it was the bike it hit not me, They are tough birds got stuck between the forks still alive and as i pulled over it hopped out and started noiseilly telling me off, Luckilly a passerby worked for wores and took it away, a very good stroke of luck there
  5. Love the slo-mo "Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaarck"
  6. hahahahahahhaha omg i laughed so hard at that!!! i was like, don't end yet! he needs to say fuuuuuuuuck in slow mo :p :rofl:
  7. He's probably glad it didn't hit his hand if it was enough to wind him!

My closest encounter of the bird kind was a friendly rosella who decided to tap the top of my helmet with it's wing as we crossed paths. Glad I was at the lowest apex of ducking otherwise I would've been served a visor full of feathers.
  8. I had a very close call..read millimeters..with a Rainbow Lorikeet..my only thought as I ducked down was.."this will be colourful"
  9. I hit a cockatoo at 100kph outside Oxley.

Hurt like f**k.
  10. Cool helmet 'graphics', QuarterWit..hope you were ok after that hit !
  11. Yeah, I was alright! Damn lucky I saw him at the last minute and dipped my head which pushed my head back quite hard, but didn't flick my neck back, if you know what I mean? That fine white powder was on the helmet for quite a while.
  12. I ended up putting similar 'wing' patterns on a propeller blade once. Just as I was about to land a small aircraft on a dirt strip south of Alice Springs, a stupid galah decides to measure up to a spinning propeller, quickly decapitating it.
    Shocking experience, though never felt the pain you did mate !
    Did leave me with some interesting thoughts on the way back to Alice (and no - it wasn't to chase down more stupid galahs!!!) :)
  13. Ha! Bird strikes can be a pretty big problem for aircraft, can't they?

I remember hearing about falcons being used around some airports to scare them away.
  14. #15 Nickers330, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  15. Is that seriously feather dust!? Ouch! How was the bird?
  16. Yep, that's feather dust. He left a perfect impression right around my head. The bird was stuffed, I had to finish him off. :nopity:
  17. 'Least you bothered to put him out of his misery.

Mind you.. I do think that rather looks good as a print for a helmet.
  18. Should of taken it to get airbrushed... cool pattern!