Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Screens on naked bikes?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Tomcatalex, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Speaking from experience, sadly my small screen doesn't appear to make my little CBF any faster but it definately helps a little with deflecting the wind.

As for appearance, I reckon the bike looks much better with the screen than without. :grin:

Speculation - I seriously doubt a screen would make a noticable difference to your top-speed.
  2. I had a National Cycles F16 'touring' sports-shield on the VTR250. I was a little too tall for it to cleanly push the airstream to shoulder height - I'm a tall bastard; but it did give me something good to hunker down behind when in REALLY windy conditions and I'm thankful of that.

With a full tankbag occupying the space between the windshield and my chest it worked really really well for touring, too. No turbulance at all because the tank bag helped stop the airflow from going turbulant; good wind protection.

Jury is out as to whether it improved top speed at all.

Edit: (I think windshields are a very person-specific thing, too - some windshields are too tall for some people, or too short. It may be a matter of just trying different ones until you find one that works best.)
  3. Do they look good? On some maybe but I think a naked bike should have nothing. I do have a small screen on my bike though and it takes a fair bit of pressure off the shoulders and makes up to $1.50 comfortable. If I was not doing any highway riding I would take the screen off. Top speed is not altered on my bike as it has reached an indicated 242 and that is in line with what others have got out of the GSR with no screen. A pic of my bike with it's small screen.

4. I like the look of the 250 bandit with this screen, or do you guys think its beter without??

5. All screens do on naked bikes is make them look poofy and direct a small stream of air right into your face.
  6. The screen on my Guzzi is one of the best additions I've done. It is much more comfortable for highway riding. But the screen on my VTR did nothing and just made my helmet whistle. Some screens are adjustable too. Try it and see if you like it.
  7. +1. :LOL:
  8. :evil: :evil:

I happen to like my flyscreen Loz .. :butt:
  9. i have a small screen on my sv650 which helps with the wind and i dont think it looks 'poofy'

10. I bet you like Spice Girls too. And that's fine, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum!
  11. Nah, I'm more into ABBA :LOL: :LOL:
  12. [​IMG]
  13. :rofl: :rofl:
    ok .. I'll pay that one

14. where the hell did you get my photo from!!!
  15. :LOL:

+1000 Also it's one more thing you have to clean!
  16. Looks great. Who makes it? Or who sells it?

17. You and Loz deserve to be 'turkey slapped' by Mr T.
  18. I think they complete the Monster, actually. Doesn't direct any air into your face since it is so plasticy and flimsy it tends to, er, deflect wind everywhere but where you are. On a Monster, they really only look good without it with the clocks dropped right down, which is more effort than I'm prepared to do.