Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Screens for Nakeds

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by andymal13, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Has anyone got one of the small headlight surround screen/wind deflectors fitted to their naked sport bike? I am looking at getting one for my GS500, and want to know how effective they are at deflecting even the slightest amount of wind before forking out the $200.00+ dollars for one.

2. Thanks Hornet, I know that sort of thing would do heaps for wind, but I am more looking at these sort of things,
    Not sure if they would do much at all, but I don't want anything too big.
  3. Yah I have one from eagle screens on my VTR250. Makes a significant difference to the wind on the highway.
  4. I've heard that small screens often just redirect the wind straight into your head instead of your body when at speed, causing more fatigue than without it. Just a word of warning.
  5. #7 hornet, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Not true; what they do us to take the impact of the wind from your body, relieving the tension in your arms and shoulders. Also, if you get caught in the rain, they protect your chest and upper body.
  6. #8 wokwon, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Made the wind noise over my helmet quieter too. Either that or I'm getting deaf-er.
  7. Hey guys, thanks for all your advice. Don't mind that one goddie, but add another $100.00 for painting and getting pricey.
    Just ordered some new indicators and mirrors so screen might have to wait for a bit now :(