Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Screens for Cruisers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Magician, Sep 8, 2005.

1. I got problems....... I need two screens for my bikes - one for a VL1500 Boulevard and one for a VL800 Velusia.....and I DON'T want to pay two arms, a leg, and a kidney for them.... does anyone here have any ideas of Screen suppliers around Oz ? Preferably in Queensland, but anywhere would do in a pinch. Even an independent who makes screens would be appreciated. I'm trying to save a bit of dough for an overseas trip next year and don't want to blow out my budget with these things. Any help would be appreciated.

2. screens for cruisers cost 2 arms and two legs :)
  3. I KNEW I wasn't offering to pay enough...lol...
  4. Tried Justcruisers - they got a nice screen for about $ 200 - but the fitting kit (not guaranteed to fit my forks, mind you) is around $ 300......doesn't make a lot of sense that !
  5. the national screen ones with fitting kits are about 450 (i'm guessing)
    genuine are more expensive :(

i can get exact prices if you want, i'm just being lazy :)
  6. sounds about right - mind you i can get a Dakota from the states with the kit sent over here for about 400.......now does that make sense ??????
  7. The main problem with buying from overseas is buyer beware.. you don't like it, tough shit.. and an ebay company i've had prior dealings with went bust and burnt a lot of people..

Buying locally is more expensive, but you have recourse if something goes wrong..
  8. magician ring me at work if you want, it's 07 3299 1999, and i'll see what i can do for you. I'm going to be pretty much off the net after this weekend, so best way to contact me :)

Yep i posted needlessly, but i just noticed i'm regular :D