Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Screen and Muffler GSX750F

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by vossy53, May 22, 2010.

1. Hi recently purchased a GSX750F after being away from bikes for 33 years. Wow what a buzz. At my age I still get exited every time I gear up. I purchased the bike 2nd hand . Its one owner, 1st registered Jan 2006, gleaming ruby red, only 12300km and not a ding except a small scratch. What I would like to add is a tinted screen and a exhaust that I (and other road users ) can hear. The bike too quiet. I mainly use the bike on the highway cruising at 5000rpm/110kmh. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Does a sports muffler also improve fuel consumption?

Thanks Vossy

2. As far as screens go, people have recommended Eagle Screens, who you will find at www.eaglescreens.com.au

As for mufflers, I'm no engineer, but a lot of people add a muffler for a bit more noise and some added bling and don't worry about the fuel consumption, as the better exhaust note is worth it.
    Fuel consumption may actually suffer if you fit the wrong exhaust, so look for one which offers more midrange power, and make sure the carbs are tuned (re-jetted) to match the exhaust (some bikes tend to run lean with a new exhaust fitted).
  3. Thanks Talon! Eagle screens wins and the muffler is on the back burner. I know the new tinted screen will look great. $170 delivered within 7 days!

Thanks for the advice.