Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

scratched windshield fix

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by ashrose, Dec 6, 2013.

1. so after getting lots of advice on these pages from you guys i thought id give some.

id been suffering a crappy heavily scratched windshield for quite awhile because someone decided to wash it with a scourer. it had scratches from tit to toe.
    i looked everywhere on how to fix it and the only info i could find told me to sand it back. thats not something i was willing to try.
    then i came across something called NOVUS plastic polish, its efin brilliant...
    i wont go into details on how to use it, you can find that yourself but IT WORKS and works well.
    within an hour i had all but a couple of deep scratches removed.
    i got mine from ebay for about $30 and it will last awhile.

if you have scratched clear plastic (polycarbonate or whatever)
    try it , it takes no effort.

• Like Like x 1
  2. depending on what type of plastic it is, you may need to coat it aswell.
    some clear plastics have a coating on them from factory to stop them yellowing. you polish them, it takes (some of) the coating off.

i cant remember what to use, and this knowledge came from elsewhere when i was researching headlights... but it may well apply

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have heard of Plexus before, although I have never tried it, good to hear the results first hand. For what it's worth, I have had very good results many times in the past polishing boat windscreens ( I think very similar material ) using Brasso.

Ross.

• Like Like x 1