Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scrapheap Challenge on now, ABC 2

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Ljiljan, Dec 22, 2009.

1. short and sweet:

They are making catapults, watch it!

2. Not the "Proper Job" trebuchet, by any chance? :LOL:

3. Andy Barnes, gotta love that guy. Seen all the "Scrappies" and watch them again, religiously.

4. one of the best shows on the tv....yep andy was a standout (fav. was when he decided to start pulling that diesel motor apart (in the moster truck they built) to try and gain more speed, and ended up farking one of the rails, but then there was teams like Cat-alysts and workmanship and thought that went into their builds....

It was just a great idea for a show and just when i thought it couldn't get any better they added Lisa Rogers :woot: fark me she is a honey

5. Oh, yeah, what a sweetheart. My favourite one was the guys who built the jet engine from scratch to power their railcar. Amazing stuff.

6. I've always found it interesting and encouraging how bikers seem to be overrepresented amongst the teams. A positive portrayal for once.

7. Yes, the Catalysts were amazing, three years running champions building everything from boats to rock-boring machines. There was some great talent at Jaguar a few years ago.

8. Minor claim to fame:

I used to live in a house that appeared a couple of times in the background of the Motorized Surf Board final.

And, just for the record I wouldn't want to spend time in the grey, silty waters of the Cumberland Basin, wetsuit or no.

9. Yeah, I used to watch it every evening on ABC, but on the third repeat of the series' I was told by my significant other that that's enough! I think they actually started a new series at some stage, but then I got too busy to watch it.

I have a copy of the episode at home where they build "superbikes". Not quite superbikes, but the electric one they build turns out awesome for how long they get to build it!

10. The premise of that episode was that they had to build a motorcycle but they weren't allowed to use any motorcycle parts to do it. It was a great episode and the electric bike was looking like it was going to win until they crashed.

Sadly, there's a Scrapheap Challenge FORUM, yes, there is...http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/

as well as heaps of fan sites...

Here's a link to a photo (possibly NSFW) of the delicious Lisa Rogers..

http://www.lisarogers.com/images/lisarogers6.jpg

and here's the official Channel 4 web site

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/scrapheap-challenge

FWIW, I think the show took a big nose-dive with the departure of Lisa and Richard and the installation of Dick Strawbridge as the host. Having the host as a competitor at the same time is stupid, imho.

11. Actually, it was the petrol-engined bike that crashed, the electric bike won, as I recall.

Dick Strawbridge was no great shakes as a competitor, and a hopeless host. Regrettably I don't think there are too many things that they could do that they haven't done already; I can't see much chance of it being revived.