Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scraped the floorboard today

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by ralph, Apr 25, 2009.

1. I have been doing a lot of work trying to get my lines right when cornering, and getting my body position right to get a bit more speed through the corner.

I find sometimes i nail a corner, then on other occasions, i just don't get my body position and i take the corner slower. Never really find myself in dangerous situations, just cornering slower.

anyways getting better at it. Today, scraped the floor boards around a corner. first time. can i say, i felt good getting the bike over that far, and also did a bit for the confidence, with letting me know how far i can go over. I did get a minor fright when i heard the floorboard scrap though haha.

always need to keep practicing, but its good a good feeling when you start to get more and more corners right.
  2. Whaddya know.. me too!!! I did it at a large roundabout in Williamstown while riding with a mate just before noon today though.. didn't plan it, but realised it was going to happen mid corner, and just waited for it. My mate turned back to see if I was alright at the noise.. I think he was more startled that I was (he was riding a CB400).

Ever since I got the bike on Monday, everyone kept telling me it has to happen sometime, and to try not to panic when it does. So when my corners got tighter and faster, I just braced myself for it.. good on ya! (And I have the same bike as you do)