Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scottoilers - Fact versus Fiction

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by murphyjr, Nov 27, 2005.

1. I installed one onto my Kawasaki ZX9R as this beast has no centre stand. It seemed to be easier to install an auto chain lubrication device then spray chain lube every week.
    It was harder to install than I thought it would be as none of the diagrams matched the chain delivery of my bike bit after some time I have it set up perfectly.
    To be fair the kit contains enough bits and pieces to suit all models and give you many options.
    This device was well worth the money.
    The retail price of $220 is a really bad joke shop around use cash and it may you cost you $150 like mine or go to their web page and buy it direct
    Anyway after 3000 ks the Scotolier is great the chain is always lubed.
    I have barely adjuted the chain as it no longer wearing as fast.
    This device is really good add one on to the Christmas list they are well worth it.

2. Fact: A Scottoiler puts oil on the chain.

Fiction: It doesn't?

I must have missed something.

;)

3. Actually I've been trying to track down an online source for one in Oz, but didn't with much luck. Only spent 10 minutes though :)

You got a good link?

4. I got mine from Bike Barn in the city cost me $150 cash other shops do have them just ring around to get one at a good price some shops make you

5. What does it look like fitted to your bike? Can you post a pic?

6. I found it on google and its in the netrider links: importers: accessories: www.ausit.com.au :D