Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scott Oiler

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by FOB, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Would appreciate any feed back on how good or bad is the SCOTT OILER UNIVERSAL KIT MARK 7?

Will it fit my 2000 model XJR1300

What should I pay for one?

Thanks FOB

2. Is that one of those automatic chain lube systems isnt it?

Ive never used one but have heard form reliable sources like the guys at Dynobike that they are really good. They are meant to extend chain life quite significantly. If you give it a go Id love to hear your experiences.

i believe they fit to just about any bike. Being univesal Id say there are no parts that are specific to any bike

From Dynobike website:

This thing has got to be one of the best products you’ll ever add to your bike, both in terms of maintenance and money saved. What they do is provide a constant flow of oil to the final drive chain, meaning it never runs dry. Like any moving part where there is friction there’s wear, so when your chain is dry it wears extremely quickly. Think of it this way, how long would your engine last with 1 ltr of oil when it holds 4 ltr’s, or with no oil at all. Either way - not very long. Chains are no different, they require a constant supply of oil to keep everything well lubricated and thus prevent excessive wear, maintain smoothness and comfort while not putting unnecessary load on wheel bearings and gearbox’s, thus improving fuel consumption.

I have customers who were replacing chains and sprockets every 18-20,000km, who are now clocking up well over 40,000km. One guy reckons he’ll get a least 50,000km out of this lot. At $195.00 for the oiler he is well and truly ahead.

Of course if you need someone to fit it for you then allow another $80.00, and your still ahead. :)

3. Yup got one on my VTR , best investment ever i recon , no more worrying about lubing the chain up b4 or after a ride, in wet weather just dial it up a notch and it keeps the crud off.

The only time in the last 10,000 odd k's its had a chain adjust is when i put new feet on her :)

im still on the 1st bottle of oil supplied with the kit ( got about one more refill left )

When i wash the bike no need to scrub the chain with kero etc, any residue washes of with just normal garden hose pressure v :D

Bob

4. Where can you get these(locally in Melbourne if possible)? Searching online I found that http://www.ausit.com.au sells them the Universal Kit from $219.90.

5. Bikemart has usually got at least ten sets on the self, i got mine a few shopping nights ago for 195.00 with our discount

Hmmm bikemart shopping night is TMW maybe i should put in for commission for every scottoiler sold ?

:twisted: :LOL: :LOL:

6. I'd buy one tommorow if I could make it but I can't. *sigh*

7. where????

where is bikemart? I will be in Melbourne tomorrow., having my caponord rear shocker replaced under waranty. Ill be in brighton. did a cash job today so would like to get one of these as i have been thinking about it for a while

8. BIKEMART - Motorcycle Gear and Accessories
    4/70 Maroondah Highway, Ringwood 3134
    Phone: 03 9789 5822
    Mon - Thur 9am - 5.30pm, Fri 9am - 7.30pm, Sat 9am - 4pm

9. Near Peter Stevens behind Autobarn in like a shopping square!