Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scorpious31 is back on 2 wheels WoooHooooo

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Scorpious31, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Yep its true, after 8 long months I have got myself sorted out and mostly healed (still have pain in knee and ankle but I can handle it)

I purchased last night a 92 Harley XLH833 Sportster with a 1200 kit put in it and 35,000 on the clock and the smile could not be removed this morning when I rode to work.

Got a few comments, as you do, from the people at work ranging from " Are you mental" to "Looks its the Big Bad Biker Wanna Be" (I Dont care about stupid comments)

Cant wait till I can get out for a relaxing country ride in the sun.

Cant add a pic as for some reason I have been unable to open Photobucket for ages and add a pic so I will have to find another place to host my pics unless they can be installed directly from my pc to here. If this can be done can some one tell me how pls. [/list][/url]

2. Congratulations on getting back on a bike...

Even if it is a harley :LOL:
  3. Hey, he's back riding give him a break!!! :).
  4. Excellent to hear: this is the flipside of the prang stories, the back-in-the-saddle stories. Thanks for letting us know.
  5. Congrats, and enjoy the Harley

Bottom of the "Post a reply" box is a lnk to "Add image to post" - look forward to the pics
  6. Thank You Toecutter

7. Nice bike! I'm slowly being won over by Harleys (or specifically Sportsters, and moreso vintage (pre '80s) Harleys) - engines that rumble roar and really speak! That line's been in production since 1957!

Next project, cafe racer?
    (see the links)
  8. Hey welcome back, hope all goes well for you. Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back! Sorry, i grew up with "mr cotter" on the t.v!
  9. congrates on your new machine..... :grin:

Hope she brings you many Kilometers of fun and happiness.... :wink:
  10. So wot helmet did ya get?

It's a bummer getting old!, nice bike though. :cool: :cool:
  11. Decide on a pretty standard black MDS full face just to get me mobile. Dont feel to good about useing the old bashed in helmet.

We will see what the future brings and if I will change my mind lol.

Another thing is so many people have asked me to take them for a spin,I have said nope sorry,I wont go two up with anyone as after our accident I have said to myself if I have someone as pillion I am responsible for their welfare and saftey.I have no control over them if we have an off so NO I wont be responsible for them there fore I ride alone.

Some may say its sad but so beit I feel better about it
  12. Great to see you got the orphan harley that even the other harley riders hate. I reckon they're the best of the lot too. The old sporty has a character all of it's own and it's the only harley I'd ever consider owning.

As for the pillion thing. You may feel different in time, when you know they know why... and the risks that we all take.

Yes you're responsible for their safety, but once you explain the risks then they are as well. I'll never let a new rider on the back of my bike without them understanding they can be maimed or killed - or that their behaviour on the back can be the cause of not only their injury or death, but my own as well. It is a two way street.

In the meantime buy a gunfighter or single saddle seat so they have no where to sit - and they look cooler anyway :D
  13. It's good to see you back on the road, with a nice looking bike to boot.
    I think its a fair call not wanting the reponsibility of a pillion, but how long do you think it will be before your son wants to join you again.
    All the best for your future riding
  14. [​IMG]

Here's how to fix that seat problem

15. Hey Scorps,

Welcome back mate. Glad to hear you're back on two wheels.
    Sounds like a leisurely country ride is on the cards in the near future. Lemme know if you want some company :)

16. Now that is a Harley I would consider riding.
  17. Lots of potential in there hidden under a whole lot of bullsh!t chrome....