Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scorpio SR-i500 Alarm System

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by blackfab, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Hi, I’m considering fitting the Scorpio SR-i500 with 3-stage perimeter sensor, remote ignition disable & a battery back-up to my new bike.
    Are any of you using this alarm system and if so what is your opinion of it. :?:
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. Thanks carolf_au I'll take a look
  3. Hi blackfab

I have the Scorpio alarm on my Blade. I haven't added the remote engine disable but I think the alarm is fantastic.

It is easy to connect and works very well. You can't always use the perimeter sensor as it can cause a false alarm in high pedistrian traffic areas (shopping centre carparks etc.) but you can adjust the sensitivity of the perimeter sensor (via a dial on the unit. The shock sensor is also adjustable (via the remote keyring) plus you have the tilt sensor. You can program different alarm sounds for each sensor breach. The Remote is great, beeps and vibrates in the event of the alarm going off, very handy when in the shops or somewhere you cannot see your bike or hear the alarm if it goes off which has come in handy for me when someone reversed their car into my bike which set off the alarm and was about to drive off when I got to the carpark.

I rate this one great alarm system and would recommend this to anyone
  4. its a very good alarm. i got one on my 2006 cbr thou... ive had it on my bike for about a year and a half now and the only bad thing is my battery is always going flat due to the alarm, and gps and all the other electronics i have...