Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scorpio Alarms?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Edward VH, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Anybody got any experience with these alarms?

Tossing up between the SR-i900A or the SR-i1100

The i1100 has GPS tracking, but what is interesting is that Scorpio's own website doesn't seem to mention that model. has it been pulled?

One of the motorcycle places sell both models.

Just wondering if anyone knows what's up with that, or if anyone has any comments about any of these units?

I know that the GPS module can be bought separately, so maybe the i900A and the GPS module is the go?

2. Actually, I thought it strange that the website itself didn't mention the i1100 anymore. I decided to email them and I got a response back saying they are no longer making it. There was no further explanation.
    In the end, I pulled the pin on a i900A at ActionMC. Cost only $360 which included the proximity sensor.

Scorpio now have some other module for GPS tracking. Your review highlights some very important issues that I'll (or anybody else) should enquire about.
    Thanks for the heads up.

There is also this GPS device.. not sure if it is a Scorpio:

http://www.kenma.com.au/motorcycle_alarm_gps.html