Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scooterist here

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by MonkeyUrine, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Hi everyone! I'm an 18 year old learner who rides a scooter. I hope you'll accept me into your community despite my step through design and tiny wheels.

I would like to acquire (buy, steal, make from cardboard) a proper motorcycle one of these days so if you've got one for sale in the Albury-ish area let me know.

2. Welcome from Tassie MonkeyUrine :)

It isn't WHAT you ride, but THAT you ride, which counts.

//ex-scooter rider. They're lots of fun.
  3. Welcome to NR :)
  4. Scooters can be a lot of fun. It can also be a lot of fun stirring up their owners :)

Welcome to the nut house.

ps what sort of scoot is it?
  5. Almost a spectator sport around here :popcorn:

Welcome MonkeyUrine. :)
  6. It's a SYM (or Bolwell) LeGrande 200. As seen in my avatar. 170cc of POWER!
  7. Ridden one of those - not bad. The 300 SYM is very nice too.
  8. if you make a motorbike from cardboard i want to be present for the maiden flight

welcome to NR
  9. welcome to NR, dont mind the shit stirring, scooters are good, almost bought mone myself then woke up from the nightmare lol actually DID test a yp400, thing went ok for a scoot..
  10. I'm very new here too... Welcome. By the by, on all my trips to Japan, the bigger scooters, looking much like yours, are the way to be seen being a total bad a$$ getting around Shibuya and Shinjuku. Casual smoke hanging out the side of the mouth... Owning it. Two wheels, whatever they are are better than four (unless you're on a school run and need a massive 4WD!). Enjoy!
  11. how much petrol does it use?
  12. Zip, zilch, nothing. Well actually it burns through it very quickly because I ride around so much, but I get around 200km to an 8.5(?)lt tank. Maybe not economical for a scoot. Much more economical than my cage.

And to everyone else: Thanks for the warm welcome!
  13. #13 smileedude, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Im on a similar scoot, sym hd200. Great ride, done 60000 on it and still going strong. Youll get a bit of stick here, but its all in jest. Everyones just jealous we can fit a slab of beer between our legs.
  14. shit, that's alright