Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scooter to Bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Spotman, May 6, 2013.

1. Hi All,
    I am currently suffering on an inherited Kymco 125 Scoot to and from work. Now feel it's time to get a bike. New bike will be a commuter mostly but I'd like to to the occasional weekend blip.
    I'm 181cm (5"11), 84kgs and have sat on a few bikes, also took a CBF 250 for a ride.
    I'm not the most flexible of humans and found the Ninja 250 and to a lesser extent VTR250 and CBF uncomfortable around the outside of my hips?
    So does anyone have a similar issue and can you identify some other LAMS bikes to try? Definitely prefer a more upright position.
    Am in Brisbane and my budget runs to approx $4000.

2. The Hyosung GT250 and GT650 are physically larger (both same size) and have a sporty riding position, Suzuki GSX650F is larger and has a comfortable sports touring position, the BMW 650 and similar Aprilia 650 have a relaxed upright riding position, same goes for the Kawasaki KLR650. Might be hard to find some of those at $4k but worth a look.