Just got back from the Gold Coast yesterday... had a good couple of days up there. Now I'm familiar with the law up there in QLD that you don't need a bike license to ride a scooter... just a car license will suffice. I saw a least 100 scooters being ridden around ( a lot of these are the ones you can hire up there). Maybe 5% had ATT (All The Gear) the other 95% were into it in singlets, shorts and thongs!! THONGS WTF!?! Are they immune to losing skin? broken bones? can they grow their feet back?? And guys.... half of them couldn't ride either.... i had a couple cut me off at times (I was in a hire car)... before a set of lights and then brake heavily and get the death wobbles happening (with a pilion!!). Just had to shake my head really.... then had the ones up my ass... who nearly hit me as they had no idea how to use brakes Oh yeah... and about half were FLYING. Don't know if it is just me but I find myself looking at every bike and gauging how they ride ( i guess we all do.. we do it to cars all the time as well). well the scooters are a menace!!! to everyone up there!!!