Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scooter Rider killed in Rockingham (WA)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Scorpious31, Aug 16, 2006.

1. I haven’t posted this yet as I didn’t have any information. Late last week a 57 year old male was killed riding a scooter at the lights intersection of Gilmore, Dixon, and Mandurah rds. From what I have learnt so far he might have pulled in front of a 4wd. A lady friend of mine was passing by and saw the body being covered over with a sheet. Today she told me that a friend of hers knows the man in question and as soon as she finds out anymore information she will let me know and I will pass it on .

My sincere condolences to the family and friends of all concerned.

2. :( RIP again.

3. My information is this gentleman was super careful and did not normally ride when the weather was inclement (as it was on the day). Talk about bad luck. Early indications are that he got a shunt but the cause is yet to be determined officially as far as I am aware.

4. Condolences to all

5. +1 - even the most careful riders can get wiped out... Condolences and RIP, another one too many.

6. Well all, I have a little more of an update from this friend of mine. She has said that it is not the 57 y/o but his younger brother (40ish)and they dont know if he was shunted but he did pull infront of the 4wd. Yes he was experienced but was on a new machine and was new to the area from some where in the country possibly Kelleberin.

If these details are incorrect apologies.I am only passing on what people are telling me

Dont think I like being the bearer of bad news :(

7. Condolences to all involved :(