Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scooter info please!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 2WHEELSNOCLUE, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

i have been looking around the net and found conflicting info on getting your scooter license.
    My sis is interested in getting one, i told her not to bother with a 50cc one, no go for hills etc
    does she have to do a qride course like i did for a motorcycle?
    or is there a course/license out there for a scooter...say 125cc
    (in Qld)
    i know a car license can get you on a 50cc

2. over 50cc = bike licence required
  3. thanks moto, thats what i thought.......ooooohhhhhhh the thought of my sis using a clutch!
  4. if she gets one make sure she wears the gear. 50cc is no different from 250cc when your face is getting scrubbed along the pavement. I used to ride a 50, recommend bigger, and QRIDE is the only way to go.

Where is your sister? I highly recommend morgan and wacker training if she is northside.
  5. how olds your sister? :D pics?
  6. good advice - on the gear
  7. ... but why is it different to a bicyclist who is riding at the same speed down the same road but is not wearing protective gear?
  8. Most scooters are auto, ie twist & go. 50cc is incredibly under powered for australian conditions, plus the extra training you get when you get your bike licence is really handy. Lifesaving even!
  9. hey guys, thanks a lot for your responses.
    She lives south Bris, so a little bit hilly..... i really dont want her to get a 50cc, i reckon 125cc minimum.
    As for doing the course, a good idea also, the stuff i learnt was so good, particularly the video showing how to assess as you ride and be aware etc

As for gear TRA, i agree, i have had a slide on the black stuff, in the right gear, and that shit is hard man!!!
    she has to geet her L's yet, so maybe she can do her course when i am going for my open license next year......i cant wait!