Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scooter clubs in South Aust.

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Fieldy5, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Hey all, just wondering if there are any scooter clubs in SA, did a search on the internet and came up empty.

2. Not sure if it was a club but a while ago I saw about 30 scooters go past me on Gorge road. I think it was all vespas though.
  3. Not sure if it was a club????

What kind of a coincidence does it need to be to get 30 people unrelated, all riding scooters on the same bit of road all at once???

Look, I know it's Adelaide and all but hey.................
  4. pm rob-sa he might be able to help you .
    he is in SA
  5. Hiya

The only "club" in SA I was able to find was AdelaideSC, a Yahoo! Group. From an email from their moderator: "The club was formed as a way for a group of friends with these type of machines could easily contact each other for rides, parts swapping and various other activities.Most people on this site having been riding or involved with these machines like myself for some 20 odd years. No animosity is meant towards the newer twist and go plastic machines we just do not ride them hence the title on the web page. If you are interested in scooter cruises ask Paul in Cityskoots as he organises them for his customers twist and go and traditional."

Hope that helps!

6. Cheers Rob, I will check it out.
  7. Hey.

I am new to this site and from SA. Going to get a scooter soon! See my other postl 'New Member'.

what scooters to they exactly have in their club for you not to join?

i will check yours out soon too!
  8. Hi folks.

There's two yahoo groups for Adelaide scooterists, ScooterSA & AdelaideSC. Of these AdelaideSC is for classic geared scooters only, though a few modern vespa riders take part.

ScooterSA is a small group just started with the idea of being for all scooterists.

There is also a new South Australian Scootering website & forums at www.scooteraddict.net

It's a site for ALL south australian scooterists, no matter what you ride. The idea is to provide links to businesses, websites and groups to do with SA scootering. the forums have areas for 'classics', 'twisties' and gebneral scootering. It's all brand new, but should become a great place to organise meets etc.

If I sound prejudiced it's because I set the site up :)
  9. Hello all, I am also a newbie. I only just bought my 50cc scooter few months ago and I too have looked around and there was no real clubs out there. I have found refuge in ScooterSA yahoo chat list, but I tagged along to most rides by Motorcycle Riders Association. They are a massive national club. They have been extremely supportive and we are now getting together to start an actual club.

Being aligned with MRA gives us a huge political backing and support group. We can lobby the Council to give us more parking space, access to Bus lanes and even park on footpaths like the Eastern states.

So if you are interested in being keep up to date with events and gatherings, please PM or email or SMS me. We will be attending the Toy Run this sunday and then we are going to have a show and shine on the 18th Dec at Birdwood.

I am not stranger at starting clubs, start talking to me and you will understand. :)

10. i will be checking those sites out soon!
  11. How do you know they were unrelated Vic,
    they could be a Tasmanian tour group... :LOL: :LOL: