Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scooter broken, yet again!

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by knifepoint, Nov 7, 2007.

1. for about the one millionth time my Honda Lead 100cc has broken down, I was riding along, I accelerated and as I did I felt the scooter slow a bit, like it was losing power, then it went normal for a few seconds, then it just died.

I tried to kick start it, nothing, tried electric start and nothing. it struggles to even make more than a 2 second sound of what seems the engine is trying to kick over?

at the moment it's been sitting in wollongong for about 4 weeks I work in Sydney and have no time to take it to a place to be looked at, I have changed the battery on it though and still made no difference.

anyone know any shops in Wollongong that will offer a pickup/dropoff service or any ideas whats wrong with it? I just want to fix it and piss it off.
  2. sounds like the charging system is kaput, especially if it is only residual charge in the battery causing it to try to crank for a couple of seconds. Voltage regulator, coil, or loose wire. I gather the battery flattened itself?
  3. If you are interested in selling it PM your email address to me.
  4. :? :? :? :? ....have you got oil in the engine? maybe you've blowed up the cilynder..... :(
  5. fuel in it?
  6. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: NO FUEL!!!!! :p :p :p
  7. :eek: I know the problem here.... it's a scooter... that's the problem, if you had a motorbike you wouldn't have a kick and electric start.. the poor little thing is confused