Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Willy66, May 8, 2006.

1. A few years ago (2 or 3) I saw an article on a bike that had scooter running gear ie cv trans mission etc , but can'rt remember who made it and cant find my old copy of scooter mag, my wife wants to start riding and dosn't like all aspects of scooters but likes the sound of auto tras, has a scooter but wants a bike any one that can help would be great. :shock:

2. cvt bike

you'll be wanting the gilera dna then.... didn't know we even had them in australia until a couple of months ago saw one riding about... availible in 50, 125 and 180 cc, with engines (i gather?) based on the runner so reasonably quick
  3. Thanks Muso280

Thanks Muso, had an idear it was a gilera but was'nt sure,your a champ thanks :cool:
  4. Gilera DNA

I'm assuming you mean one of these?

Excellent looking bike, with helmet storage under the dummy fuel tank. The bike has continuously variable transmission and meets all the euro standards for noise, emmisions ect. Plus it looks really really cool!
    You'll be pretty hard put to find one though, they've not only stopped importing them to australia but production of the 180 and 125cc models have stopped. :cry: There are a couple on bikepoint/bikesales.com for a about $5000-6000, but I haven't seen any elsewhere. There are loads of them on UK ebay for about $1000-$5000 (aus) but it's be hard to know if it's a lemon or not if you can't see it.
    Kevin Ash (Kash for Comment in two wheels awhile ago) did a review of them. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2000/08/22/emfgil22.xml
    And how do I know all this? BECAUSE I WANT ONE!! :grin: Unfortuantely I'm still saving :p :LOL:
    Good luck with the hunting, :LOL: