Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scootech great service

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by scooter_rider, May 31, 2008.

1. Hi all,

First of all i have to say what a fantastic site this is! loads of info and advise!.

Well currently i have just purchased a second hand vespa lx 150 it had 9700kms on the clock when bought, knowing i was up for a major service.

Riding to work in the city on Thursday and suddenly the scoot was running very poorly, it was almost like it was running out of fuel but i had plenty in the tank. I had managed to get to work, just!

I had some time to have a look under the seat where you can access the engine, i was kidding myself i had know idea!. so i did a search on google, found a guy that actually is a mobile scooter mechanic, perfect! he sounded very professional and knew what he was talking about. so i had him come out same day, he found the problem within 5 mins! (rubber vacum hose was split) simply replaced.

I asked about a 10,000km service, he said he could do it on the spot. 1 and a half hours later..... finnished, drive belt and rollers too.

So no more riding to dealers in my lunch brake for me! I was so pleased with scootech's service and would recommend it to anyone. google scootech for info.

Looking forward to more posts in the future!
  2. Scootech is "Service". It is that simple.

After having my 5K service at another place the other side of Sydney, I gave Scootech a call for my 11K major service (+tire/belt change). I was not disappointed.

They picked my Gilera 500ie up from work and dropped it off before I left for the day. I spent a good 20+ minutes talk with Abram after the drop off, about the bike, servicing, and all the inside knowledge he had on the make/model. I thought my bike was running fairly well before the service...what I got back felt like a brand new bike.

It runs so much better.
    It starts and idles smoother,
    The acceleration is awesome.

I recommend Abram and all the folks at Scootech for top service.
  3. did you hold hands afterwards?
  4. Nah, just paid cash ;P
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I recognise the name Abram, and if he's who I think he is, he took over the premises of Club Shed in Leichhardt after Pete sold up. Used him a few times back when I had a scooter, and I can only say, great experience. Really good customer service and very responsive to a couple of issues I had after a service, which were fixed almost immediately, and certainly to my satisfaction.
    • Agree Agree x 1