Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

School holidays: a love/hate relationship

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by OutbreakMonkey, Apr 20, 2006.

1. When you were a kid school holidays were the thing you wished for the most. Freedom at last! A chance to go out and play and be free.

Now school holidays just mean busy shopping centres, favourite riding spots full of unregistered motocrossers, favourite surf spots full of young wankers, slow net speeds and lots more wankers posting crap on internet forums.

there are however two benefits.

1/ No soccer mums trying to kill me on the way to work
    2/ No Uni students at work means the toilets actually stay clean for more than 5 minutes after the cleaners have been through.

I find it rather disturbing that this countries 'future' can't aim, flush, use the seat or show basic hygeine

2. I say f*^k em, send them back to school...... why do they even need school breaks anymore, they do sweet FA while they are there......pffft, if they aren't at school, send them into the workplace, so they can see just how easy they have it, doing there lazy 6hr day :twisted:

and well those soccer mums.... not sure what we can do with them..... YET :grin:

3. I say f*^k em, send them back to school...... why do they even need school breaks anymore, they do sweet FA while they are there......pffft, if they aren't at school, send them into the workplace, so they can see just how easy they have it, doing there lazy 6hr day :twisted:

and well those soccer mums.... not sure what we can do with them..... YET :grin:

4. I happen to like school holidays myself, maybe because I have to go back afterwards :p
    As for doing nothing 4 assignments over the break certainly isn't nothing :roll: :p

5. I love school holidays, because my lovely wife and my daughter are both teachers, and they get a well-earned break. I can come home to happy, chirpy ladies instead of tired ladies, and that's good....

6. Same here Paul - nice, if only for a little bit eh!

7. As a singly with no kids, the only bonus of school holidays for me is that the 40k zones don't apply. Drawback is that because we are so short of people at work and so busy, the bosses have to tell us when to take leave as they have to take control of it to ensure they have enough people all the time. This is always biased towards school holidays because most blokes have kids. So I get ordered to take my time off during school holidays which is the worst time to take it as a singly.

Recently though, having returned to NSW, I am starting to hate long weekends because it means bullshite double demerits points. How they can justify losing half the points on your licence for doing <15kph over the limit I'll never know.