Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scary stuff!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by davidk, Aug 24, 2015.

• Like Like x 1
  1. My wife moves faster than that when she sees a spider
    • Funny Funny x 4
  2. Should have wiped off 5. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Now tell us Becci, what have you learnt and what would you do different next time?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. but hang on, speed supposedly kills? but she's alive... I just don't get it?
    • Like Like x 2
  5. It's suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you ;)

• Like Like x 5
  6. Another example of crappy journalism. She didn't crash at 254 mph as the headline says!! This from the actual story (still scary to crash at 90 mph):

"Resting at her home in S****horpe, Lincolnshire, she said: "I had just gone through the speed gate at 254mph when the wind caught me. I was still doing around 220 and it made me sit up in the saddle and in less than a second the bike had got onto the grass.

"It was a very bumpy ride - and I knew it was going to end in pain. I managed to keep the bike upright but I was still doing around 90mph when the bike finally dug into the dirt and spat me off."
  7. Haha - I got 'edited' for a naughty combination of letters. Pity the people who actually live there.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I have been there and know what your spelling was meant to be haha! (y)
  9. This caught my attention:

"But thanks to armour-plating inside her racing suit, the 46-year-old IT analyst escaped with a broken ankle, severe bruising and a whiplash injury to her neck."

I don't want any of that amour plating.