Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scary but worth it

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Shadow200, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Hello to all!!
    Been deciding the last few weeks as whether I would get a top box or bags and when. Well, on the way to work, myride decided that for me, and pretty quickly too. I had a small sports bag strapped to the pillion seat, and as I arrived at work, I noticed that the strap had come under and was dangling right near the chain. BAD NEWS. So, after taking a deep breath, I decided to get the right gear today. My life isn't worth a cheap sports bag. I'm just thinking that if it had of been caught in the chain, what could of happened. Just a warning to other readers - be careful with fix-ups.

:wink:

2. You have a few options.

If you're carrying lots of gear, you can go a Ventura Rack, which will set you back about $300ish with a reasonable sized bag. The racks are fairly straight forward to fit if you were any good with mechano, you'll work it out :)

And then you have the top box as the other option. These can cost any where $450+++ from what I have seen when looking around.

If you don't carry too much gear, you may want to look at a tank bag. I can fit a pair of shoes, and folded pants and a shirt in there quite comfortably. They start from about $50 up to about $300. Check Ebay, as they have some great gear at fairly reasonable prices. I got my $220rrp bag for $79!

All horses for courses.

Greg