Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"Scantily clad" motorcyclist suffers hypothermia...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by NiteKreeper, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Wasn't me!

Speeding motorcycle rider suffers hypothermia

April 10, 2012 1:33PM

A SCANTILY-clad motorcyclist earned a chilly reception from police and a trip to hospital after he was caught riding 150kmph.

Police called paramedics and the 22-year-old was taken to hospital with hypothermia symptoms after he was intercepted traveling 50kmph over the speed limit on the Hume Highway at Wangaratta in Victoria's north about 5.30pm (AEST) yesterday.
    Police said the man was wearing minimal clothing and no cold weather gear when he was pulled over.
    The Hawthorn East man also had his motorcycle impounded for 30 days.​

2. Have you been out riding in your fishnets again NK?
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Do you think he went away for the long weekend when the temp was 30C and got caught out when the temps dropped to the teens?
  4. Not at all!
    I was simply running some searches looking a costume for this year's event when I came across this...
  5. Sure....
  6. Geez you lot, I go out most weekends carving up the mountains, but do you call me "NK the fast"?
    Or even "Fast Kreeper"?
    Hell, I'd settle for "Nite Speeder"...

But dress up as a lady, just one time...
    • Like Like x 8
  7. It wasn't me either.

lmao.....still better than what they call me
  8. Sure. We all know the coppers aren't the only ones who like to "put on the red light".
  9. "Roxaaaaaaaaannnnne..."
  10. On the list of new posts I can see,

this thread appears right after:
    "Icelandic riders halt mandatory gear"

Wonderful coincidence that... :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Going that fast to get home and get warm. Like riding in the rain. No one in their right mind makes a point of taking a long time when riding in the rain.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. jeans, jacket and towel around the neck.

not exactly what i'd call scantily clad. this isnt the 1900's.
  13. Yeah, was disappointed to read the later reports myself - was hoping for something much more salacious...
  14. I thought he must've read chef's "ride naked" thread.
  15. was this the dude?

oh and Google safe image search is a good thing. Some things can't be unseen!
  16. Not to go on topic but I've come close to hyperthermia I reckon. Got stuck in the rain with minimal gear in the middle of winter in the middle of the night for a 1.5 hour ride. Had a boiling hot shower, couldnt feel a thing. Lay in bed with electric blanket full bore under full blankets for about 4 hours before I regained feeling and felt warm. Was crazy!
  17. what,
    hes wearing full body leathers\\:D/
  18. Heh, it was quite cold in Sydney today. I definitely shivered a bit on the way back from work and I was wearing leather jacket, leather gloves, hard boots, etc... was still freaking cold!
  19. You're just gonna love winter...