Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scala rider and iPhone 4 - G4 or Q2?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by MissionMan, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Hi there

Looking for a scala rider for my helmet, primarily for Sat Nav use when I want to listen to instructions, no intention of using the radio much or MP3 functionality.

Is there any glaring reason to go for the G4 over the Q2?

2. I just paired my iPhone on IOS5.01 and paired to the scala using Sygic and drive my directions work fine. I did not multitask with music as the iPhone is not my primary phone and I dont use it on the bike.But I tested it for you and directions on the G4 work fine
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks, I may just go the more expensive one just in case. Only $100 more.
  4. Social networking while riding a bike REALLY!!! thats got be worse then txting while driving.

I think I will stick to my G4 for a while longer. just want the full face mike option so my fat chin will stop rubbing the mike
  5. I bought a corded microphone body for my G4, I had to. It has a much flatter mic and gives you some room. Had to buy it directly from Cardo, but once it's bought, it's worth the money.

You might be able to find some on Ebay.
  6. YEah I know. I tried Cardio to replace it since it was not available in AUS with no luck. I get around to it soon I guess. Or wait for a few people to want one and share the international freight