Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Scala G9 sound issue

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ryangus, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Got a set today, and had the chap at the shop fit it for me (he's done heaps of them).

Everything seems fine except the sound. I've only tried FM radio so far, but it was very ordinary. Definitely not too loud like some on another forum have found, and virtually no bass at all. Also a bit of distortion is seemed from what I could hear. That bad that I'm tempted to see if I can get a refund :(

I'll try on mp3 tomorrow (what I intended to use most often anyway), and if it's OK, I'll keep it.

Anyone else had any issues?
  2. HAs he fitted the speakers under the lining? That will muffle the sound a little. I know the G9 has larger and said better speakers but the sound has always been a little plain. They never intended the device to great for music more of the intercom stuff and music is a bonus.
    Few people ended up add a speaker jack and using decent headphones to there g4's
    • Like Like x 1
  3. heya,

i had the same issue and i found that listening to mp3s will make the sound a bit better but its not that much better. The speakers sound very tinny and not much bass

i ended up doing the headphone jack mod and happy with the results
    ive shown a few of my mates and theyre all doing the same thing
  4. How do you do the headphone mod?
  5. Either https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=122595#.T9oCEcVadvY

Or do what I did, and get http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=139
    Cut off one of the female leads with enough slack to thread into helmet
    Open up the casing, unsolder the existing headphones and solder in the female jack
    I've got the jack poking out of the back of the cushioning of the helmet so I can plug in some canalphones for killing wind noise and better quality music :]
  6. FWIW On the G4 the RH earphone lead is also the FM antenna.