Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SBMRT - Rider Training Kingaroy [QLD]

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by 176OES, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

Today was the big day, up at 5:30 and out the door by 6am to do my LAMS test.

We took the travel from my place at Northlakes up to Kingaroy on the advice of a workmate to do my training with Col & Simon Rogerson of South Burnett Motorcycle Rider Training. We arrived at about 8:30am

The first impression as we entered the facility was a very good one. Col has got a great setup there. He has converted an old school building into the training centre and had a riding course put on the grounds.

We spent about 4 hours going over everything from riding theory to bike maintenance to everything else necessary to prepare us getting on the back of a bike.

From there we were put through some low speed handling exercises including countersteering, figure 8's and braking.

Once comfortable, we hit the roads. One thing that made me appreciate going out of our way to Kingaroy rather than doing it locally in Brisbane is that the environment is so much more relaxed to ride in. Country drivers are far more courteous and its nowhere near as busy which really helps take the nerves off a bit.

Both Col and Simon were great as trainers. They delivered advice that was easy to understand and apply, and whilst there was 3 of us there on the day, none of us felt like we were missing out on any of the attention.

To anyone looking to do their LAMS or Unrestricted License, I cannot recommend these guys highly enough and strongly recommend you consider them. They are very well priced too which means going out of your way only affects your time, not your finances. We paid $310 each and that included the use of their bikes.

If anyone is considering it, their site is www.sbmotorcycletraining.com.au

Thanks for reading :)

2. I'm assuming you passed? Well done. Nice to have one more rider on Brisbane's roads.
  3. I did :)

And the only thing I am left wishing is that I had done this a whole lot sooner!