Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Samsung Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by N1GH7-R1D3R, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Hey guys and girls,

I am in the market for a new phone and really like the new samsung phones. The only trouble is i have stumbled across 3 models i really like and cannot for the life of me decide which one i would prefer. The 3 models i have my eye on are the E370, D600 and D820. Now the 3 of them are relatively similar, however, the E370 is the most basic of them all.

Now the E370 is very similar to the D600, however, it only has a 1.3MP camera (not a feature i really care about) and has non expandable memory (40mb onboard). Other then that it is basically a Smaller version on the D600 with the new bluetooth version (2.0 instead of 1.1).

Then there is the D820 which is kinda of a cross between the E370 and D600 only it is a differnt design (flat rather then ovalish). It is similar in design to the Motorola Razor series but it is a slide design and not flip. It too only has a 1.3MP camera, however, it has expandle memory and afew extra features over the E370.

Hmm anyway, the point i'm getting at is.....has anyone used any of these phones??? If so i would appreciate your feedback on the everyday functionality of them and what you love or hate about them. Below are the links to each phone of the Samsung Website.

E370
    D600
    D820

Cheers,
    Josh =0)

2. I too looked at them but decided to get another Nokia :roll: instead.

From what I could make out, if its a simple phone that you want, grab the E370.

I read a tonne of reviews and all of them stated that the 820 is not really worth upgrading the 600 for. Some reviews actually stated that the 600 was a better phone.

I know reviews are reviews and some are just paid comments but I searched the web high and low and read heaps and heaps of reviews.

3.  Top
  4. Have had a Samgsung D600 as a "weekend" phone for about four months and end up using it a few days of the week if I don't need the PDA phone.

I love it; fantastic screen, takes great pictures and movies (which you can show on your TV) and good battery life.

Only negative is that I bought is as a MP3 player as well and the maximum songs that can be loaded is four albums of 30 songs each - so my 1GB miniSD card has a bit of space for pics and movies

5. If you can wait, Josh, there's an absolute killer phone coming out from Samsung in a couple of months, the X820, claimed to be the world's thinnest phone. And since the Big Korean changed over to Nokia keyboard conventions and added bluetooth, after holding out for a long time, there's no reason not to buy.
    http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/phones/0,39025953,40062745,00.htm

6. :shock: Looks good Paul!!! Any idea on the RRP on the phone if i was to purchase it outright??

7.  Top