Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Saki checking in :)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Sakislug, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Hi everyone, didn't see an introductions section so i posted here :)
    EDIT: Because i'm blind and didn't look hard enough... >.<

I've just bought my first bike a couple of weeks ago (first 2 bikes technically...) and am going for my L's this weekend. Picked up an 83 Honda VT250F for 500 bucks with loads of spares including an integra full fairing. Had been off the road for a couple of years and had common tank rust which had progressed to an un-solderable stage. So i bought a friends 83 identical to mine for 400 bucks with a good tank but front brake and mufflers were gone. So i've spent the last week pulling them apart and swapping all the good bits onto the bike that had the best compression :D Along with new spark plugs/leads, chain, rear sprocket, front tyre, oil and oil filter. Then it will be off for rego next week all going well :D

Look forward to learning from this site, looks good :)
  2. hey welcome mate, sounds like your having fun rebuilding your new bike.
    hope it all goes well and passes rego. enjoy your new ride and keep it upright :p
  3. I'm disappointed you didn't buy a Kawa, Saki :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider :)
  4. Haha yeah, as has been pointed out to me by my friends, it would have been appropriate wouldn't it :) It had to be a Honda though... I am coming to bikes for a weekend fun/social thing (a few of my friends have bikes), but i've always been a bit of a Honda enthusiast, 3rd generation Preludes in particular. I have two at the moment, one very clean good condition stock one and one modified one for Motorkhana. I took some pictures on the weekend when i had a few mates over, we got both bikes running to see which one sounded healthier after compression testing them, but we had no fuel tank (it is being painted at the moment). So we used a milk bottle :)

Oh.. i'll post them when i have 5 posts hahaha...
  5. Okie dokie, here's some pics of the weekends fun:

And here's some pics of the other Hondas: