Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Saigon/Ho Chi Minh 2 Day Tours?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by DonJuan, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Hi all,

Long shot but here goes.

I'm traveling to Ho Chi Minh for two weeks due to work commitments and was wondering if anyone knows of any your companies they could suggest for a 2 day tour.

Figured I have a free weekend and I may as well get some motofun in as it'll be a whole week until Ned's epic Tassie trip departs and I simply cannot get enough.

Actually, just want to make the most of the trip seeing someone else is paying...

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
    Don

2. There is at least one company doing tours in Vietnam, but I imagine they are running on a schedule. I'm not sure of your chances of lining up a two day ride on the exact weekend you are there.

I'm not sure I'd advise just getting a bike in Saigon and going off myself. It is the craziest motorcycle city in the world. And I'm not exaggerating for effect. There is a specific way that motorcyclists interact with cars and, in particular, pedestrians. Get it wrong and you could end up in gaol or hospital or even dead.

Have a good google. I'm sure there are other companies that cater for tourists wanting to have a short bike trip.

Saigon itself is good for 2-3 days looking around, but not much more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks ibastibast , unfortunately I'm there for work to train staff and haven't figured out how to turn it into a road trip. I've looked on google and there seems to be any vet of different ones but 90% operate out of Hanoi.

I know Ho Chi Minh is really just the economic center with not a lot to offer tourists but I'm finding more and more good things to do there, just not many motorcycle tour operators.

4. I found a guy on the street with a moto and he took me around Ho Chi Minh at first I just told him I go for an hour or so as I wanted an exit strategy if it was shit but it was so awesome he ended up taking me around for 6 hours think I paid him 400,000 he just drove me to his local area and local pub had some beers then drove me around Ho Chi MInh while I got to look at the sights.

I decided to ask him to come take me more places the following day and he picked me up the next morning from my hotel and took me to the tourist places where he just waited outside then took me to another place he also took me to some pagodas I would never have seen he was awesome and very cheap.

You can just hit up the moto guys not the dodgy ones that you walk past that go girl or marijuana lol I found this guy down at the park opposite MCDonalds its on Le Lai & Pham Ngu Lao I just got talking to him and he seemed very nice and I went with my gut and decided to give it ago that's when I first started loving a motorbike as it was like my first time on one!

ONE TIP: Depending on who you choose always discuss the price first!! never ever get someone to take you around without working out the price first!

• Like Like x 1
  5.  Top
  6. good point. maybe you could ask at your hotel. You'll pay a bit more, because the concierge will get a kick back, but it will be a bit more accountable.

An alternative would be to get out to the Mekong Delta.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Really want to get out there but most say its a 3 day trip minimum. Still looking.

8. If you want to decide where to go this site is fantastic, you can even send Tom a message he would be more then happy to help out his knowledge is amazing!

http://vietnamcoracle.com/