Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Safety Gear and Bike!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Squiggly, Nov 8, 2011.

1. For some reason i aint allow to post in my original thread, so ill make a new one. https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=126931 so ill follow on from my last thread.

Ok update,

Thanks for all the replies, the only reason i mention the power of the 250's as i was worried about going up hills and losing momentum, I believe not have enough power is just as dangerous as having too much. I got my learners (YAY), I was expecting more too it. Since the last bike I road was 6 years ago, I thought I would struggle. I have been doing a lot of research on which bikes, well I think I have narrowed it down to too bikes, CBR250RR or ZX2R. My main concern, I have been reading about people doing engine swaps on the bikes that have between 30,000-60,000km’s as the original engine is flogged out, should I be concern as a lot of these bikes forsale have those types of km’s? I would like to buy privately as it’s hell of a lot cheaper but im not exactly sure what to look for, bearings in steering? Chain and sprocket stretched? Rattle in engine? RWC? But a RWC doesn’t really mean the bike won’t fail in 200km’s.

I have been doing a lot of reading and investigating on gear. I think I have chosen my beginner kit, what you guys think?

I know I haven’t chosen leather pants, but I will buy a pair when I do track days ect ect, this is just a start up set and something a bit comfortable I hope. I do realise I could save a couple of hundred dollars if I buy over the net but I’m not exactly sure on my sizes and would like to keep the money in Australia, also I hoping I get a bit of a discount buying everything from one store. (I was also amazed that its not a HUGE saving buying from overseas) unlike my snowboarding stuff, boots were ¼ the Australian price.

I don’t know if I have forgotten something, thanks for the replies. I hope to learn more.