Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sad news out of Japan

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by hornet, Oct 8, 2007.

1. :cry: How bloody sad. :( :(
  2. This is very sad indeed. :(

If this is any more proof that the road is more dangerous than the tracks
  3. How terrible! RIP fallen rider... :(
  4. Thats a tragic loss.

A true legend of the sport :(
  5. bloody truck

On October 7, 2007, he was killed in a street accident with a truck, which made a sudden illegal u-turn, while riding a 500cc scooter in Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan.

he could have avoided if he ride a bike i guess
  6. I suppose the driver will be fined $300....
  7. Knowing that he's just killed a Japanese icon, I think he's more likely to commit hari-kiri...
  8. I remember vividly his first wild card ride at Suzuka. I think he was 19, and he was a berserker :D It was brilliant to watch him bashing about with Doohan, sliding everywhere, then pull out a bit of a lead and throw it at a wall :LOL: I was on the edge of my seat, but he was of the edge in that race!
  9. Not reassuring

That's not reassuring at all.... if he can't avoid a collision, then what chance do I have?
  10. Re: Not reassuring

It's all about the circumstances, mate. Without a video of the incident, we'll never know all of them, so don't sweat over your chances of survival.

Ride smart, ride safe and keep it rubber-side-down.
  11. RIP Norick.

His cool helmet will live on with many riders!

12. I really enjoyed his riding style... RIP :(
  13. Re: Not reassuring

Sometimes you can't avoid every crash mate, that's the gamble you take when you throw your leg over.
  14. Bye Norrie, You were one of the greats. Thanks for the memories. :( :( :(
  15. You were one of the legends of motorcycle racing and one of the most entertaining ever.

Vale Norick Abe.
  16. ooh, how sad for his family, friends and all of his many race fans .....only the good die young.
    Have been told that heaven is full of great road racing tracks, with angels looking after you and all the road racers up there hang out together. Hope Nori manages to enjoy that race track in the sky.
  17. Rest In Peace Norick Abe