Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sad news - Death of 70's racer Alan Simpson

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Sep 27, 2009.

1. I have just received news that Alan Simpson, 70's road racer, and more recently known through Z-Power Motorycles in Wollongong, last night succumbed to his long battle with cystic-fibrosis.

Condolences to his family and the many people who knew this man and his contribution to motorcycling.

2. Re: Sad news

A very sad day indeed. Alan was only 49 years old and had survived longer than any sufferer from his condition had been able to. RIP one of the true good guys.
  3. Re: Sad news

very sad indeed, was also a bad prang down your way yesterday paul, 3 bikes v 1 ute
  4. Re: Sad news

yes, I know about it, but not going there :).
  5. Re: Sad news

My most heartfelt condolences to Alan and his family.
    He was not, however, the longest survivor of CF. My Father-in-law is still alive at 54, and there is an older gent in Western Australia.
    For those who would like to learn a bit more about this illness visit this link http://www.65rosesday.org.au/