Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

sad news ...another life lost

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by pragnasty, Feb 20, 2006.

1. ive only just heard some bad news....
    a person who i only met last week has lost his life
    he died on his motorbike, and was only 21.......

i only met him at a party last week. so i dont much about the poor soul...
    but i know he had a good circle of friends and he will be greatly missed.

my condolences to his family, friends and loved ones.. :( :(
    (this has brought to my attention my own mortality, so its a swift kick up the arse to people (including me) who think we are 10ft tall and invincible... be careful out there there people. dont take life 4 granted :!: :(

2. Bugga! Loss of life is always sad ... for those moving on and those remaining. Condolences to all.
  3. Dear Pragnasty,

How blessed were you to have been touched by an Angel.

To think that you only just met him and he already made such a difference to the way you view your life.

Life at times is very fickle, that is why we must always remember that people are like ships in the night, they travel all for the souls purpose, then when they dock, they have a few moments to leave their mark on us.

My heart felt sympathy goes to you for your saddness and the family of this loving Angel.
  4. :WStupid: (maybe not an ideal choice of smiley)

That's terrible news pragnasy. A similar thing happend when I started riding and frightened the shit out of me and I couldn't agree with you more. It shouldn't take someone we know dieing to remind us to take it easy. :(
  5. This is not a good year for motorbikes so far.... Can we please turn these stats around please?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  6. alway sad to hear of a fellow rider down
    :( :(
  7. With more and more people taking up motorcycling, ie higher noob to veteran ratio, the more crashes we will see. So the stats are sadly only going to get worse.
  8. so young,its no good
  9. Well said Pragnasty, we all need to be aware of our mortality, not just for ourselves, but our friends/family more so.

Condolences to all who new him

Depends.. they (gum'nts) tried pulling that on us "over forties" saying we represented an (iirc) 16% pa increase in single bike incidents. The real story is that the "over forties" section of bike riders was growing at >25% pa. Taken in context, the incidents were not keeping pace with growth, infact incidents "per capita" had actually improved.

Would an increasing number of bike incidents match the increased participants?

10. There is a critical mass at which people start expecting to see motorcycles (and bicycles) A point at which it suddenly becomes safer cos Mr and Ms Average look for bikes cos their usually is one. So it wont be a linear relationship.

And Yeah I know some people cannot see firetrucks with lights and sirens going... not talking about those people. They will be killed at a level crossing soon enough
  11. i know that corner pretty well... there is a lot of paint there (half the turn) so its normally pretty slippery
    i cant renember if it was raining or not...........
    i dont really know all the details....

but just be careful!!!
    ride within your limits..........
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: